It’s Monday. For those still stuck in the rat-race or for those stuck in a job that they do not enjoy, Monday can be the most depressing and challenging of days. Maybe at some point you had dreams, but you gave up on them- ultimately paying the price of “reality.”
I want to encourage everyone to dig deep and take back that desire that we all had as children. Do you remember being a child and desiring that new toy? Do you remember those frenzied weeks just before Christmas when your appetites of desire were at its’ peak?
Recently, I have been re-reading Napoleon Hill’s seminal book Think and Grow Rich. He reminds us that the starting point of all achievement is desire. Desire is the first step towards the riches you aspire towards.
Here are Napoleon Hill’s six steps for riches being transmuted into tangible finances:
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness.)
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.”)
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. As you read, see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.
Need help thinking and growing into financial abundance? We would cherish the opportunity to serve you!
Steven Ingram is a certified strategic interventionist and the owner of Liberty Strategic Coaching LLC. He is a devoted husband and father working to free minds.